Thursday, October 21, 2010

Review: KT Tunstall - Tiger Suit AVAILABLE NOW


Sounds of Tiger Suit

~Press Release Thing~

KT Tunstall's third album, Tiger Suit, heralds the beginning of a new musical adventure for the multi-platinum, Scottish-born singer and songwriter


If you aren't familiar with KT's music, you definitely remember one of her previous hit songs - the Grammy-nominated "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree," "Suddenly I See," Other Side of the World" or "Hold On".

Tiger Suit heralds the beginning of a new musical adventure for KT. Organic instrumentation is blended with dance-friendly textures, the results of which she has dubbed “Nature Techno” to encapsulate the album’s collision of raw, upfront rootsiness and sleek electronic textures.


The album's rollicking first single, “Fade Like A Shadow" Check out the video here.
You can also follow KT on Twitter and or Facebook






KT is hitting the road in November playing 17 US cities.
Tickets are on sale now.
Oct 31 Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR

Nov 1 Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC

Nov 2 The Showbox SODO Seattle, WA

Nov 4 Knitting Factory Spokane, WA

Nov 5 Knitting Factory Boise, ID

Nov 7 Knitting Factory Reno, NV

Nov 8 Warfield Theatre San Francisco, CA

Nov 11 The Music Box Los Angeles, CA

Nov 12 House of Blues San Diego, CA

Nov 16 Ogden Theatre Denver, CO

Nov 18 Epic Minneapolis, MN

Nov 19 The Vogue Indianapolis, IN

Nov 21 Vic Theatre Chicago, IL

Nov 22 The Crofoot Detroit, MI

Nov 23 Phoenix Theatre Toronto, ON

Nov 25 Club Soda Montreal, QU

Nov 26 The Trocadero Philadelphia, PA

Nov 27 9:30 Club Washington, DC

Nov 29 House of Blues Boston, MA

Dec 1 Terminal 5 New York, NY

~End Press Release Thingy~



MY TAKE!

I'll let ya'll know right now I am, for the most part, a lyrics person.

The lyrics of the song have to reach out to me, speak to me, grab me in some form or fashion. That being said....

Most of the lyrics of KT's songs make no sense to me what so ever...



However, oddly enough, that doesn't make the music any less enjoyable to me. There is something about her music that moves the very core of me, it's soothing, and at the same time haunting.

I like The Dave Matthews Band for some of the same reasons.

I was a big fan of the "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" song, so her new album was super new to me, as it contained more ballad like songs and no upbeat tunes like Cherry Tree.

Instead of preferring the single "Fade like a Shadow" I found myself more drawn to "Push that Knot Away"




I found it uplifting and the main guitar riff moves you through the tune like a train, steady and sure.

Another one of my favorites was "Golden Frames", not sure what it's supposed to be about, but I absolutely love the jazz drumming on the track, and the bluesy way she draws out the lyrics is down right sexy.

Overall a very good album with solid, lovely melodies.
If you wanna have a listen to can check out the tracks on Amazon.com here


My review is my own personal opinion and by posting this review I am entered to win a gift card through One2One Network by participating.






post signature



0 comments:

Post a Comment