Monday, July 18, 2011

FlipFlop Wines Review Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Pinot Grigio

 
 


 I was provided 3 free bottles to review, that however does not effect my taste buds ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 I was so excited when I was approached to try out FlipFlop Wines!
The flipflop collection includes Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir. 4 of the wines just received a “Best Buy” from Wine Enthusiast magazine in the June issue. To learn more about the wines, you may visit the website at: http://www.flipflopwines.com/.
 

 

 

 
These are great wines at a great value (in fact they are downright frugal) with a price of only $7 Suggested Retail Price....I recently saw them on sale at my local grocery store for $5!
 
 




FlipFlop Wines have partnered with Soles4Souls Inc., the international shoe charity dedicated to providing free footwear to those in need. The program will raise much needed funds to give one pair of flip-flop sandals for each bottle of flipflop wine purchased (up to 100,000 pairs for the first 100,000 bottles sold, where promotion is legal. To learn more about Soles4Souls, please visit: http://www.soles4souls.org/

 

 

 
You Can check out FlipFlop Wines on their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/flipflopwines
 
 
 
 
 
I was sent Riesling, Pinot Grigio, and Pinot Noir  to try out!
 




Appellation
Left Coast

Tastes like
Medium-bodied, Riesling with peach, apricot and melon which lead to a satisfying, smooth finish
It is full of
Tropical notes and sweet aromas

Eat with
Tofu stir-fry, shredded pork tacos and sake sashimi

Serve
Chilled

Store
Away from direct sunlight




Appellation
California

Tastes like
Light-bodied, refreshing Pinot Grigio with tropical citrus, ripe pear and a zesty, clean finish.
It is full of
Balanced crisp acidity

Eat with
Bruschetta, spaghetti carbonara, eggplant parmesan or your favorite tacos

Serve
Chilled

Store
Away from direct sunlight









Appellation
California

Tastes like
Medium-bodied, structured Pinot Noir with bright cherry, sweet spice and a supple, velvety finish.
It is full of
Cola aromas and hints of vanilla

Eat with
Grilled mahi mahi, baconwrapped shrimp or chocolate chip cookies

Serve
Room temperature


Store
Away from direct sunlight


Now I'm not much of a wine person, the only wines I usually drink are Moscato or Plum Wine from my local Sushi place.
 
But when I went to celebrate my Dad's birthday this last weekend I brought all three bottles for me and my family to try and enjoy!


WINE!





Seems the winner at the party was the Pinot Noir, but I prefered the sweeter Riesling...but no surprise there...

For the price it's a good buy and with the entire line it's a good bet you'll find a wine for every taste!





 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Pixie! You make me want to get these wines NOW! I would have liked the Riesling the best too. And those are great prices, I will have to ask my liquor store to get them in stock. And it looks like you had a fun party also -- Happy Birthday to your Dad!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete