Tuesday, September 13, 2011

46 Mommas Stand Up and Shave for Childhood Cancer Awareness





 
 
 On September 21 at Union Station in Washington DC, 46 mothers from around the country will gather to shave their heads in solidarity with their children who have fought or are currently fighting cancer.  These 46 women call themselves the “46 Mommas.”   Why the 46 Mommas? This group represents the startling reality that each weekday 46 families are told that their child has cancer. The Mommas come from all over the country, and there may be one from your area.
 
September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (proclaimed in 2010 by President Obama), which means it is the perfect time for the 46 Mommas to join together with the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, in supporting the Foundation’s mission to  “Conquer Kids’ Cancer!” The St. Baldrick's Foundation is a volunteer-driven charity committed to funding the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers.
 
Click here to make a donation!
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful of you to da post about this! Money is SO tight right now, but I donated a few dollars. When I watched the video and they started playing "You are my Sunshine" which is what I always sang to my son when he was little, I felt I HAD to give something. I was lucky to have a healthy child. Even a few dollars from each person would make a big difference. I hope everyone who reads your column and especially those who readily sign up for your giveaways will go on and give. I GAVE THREE DOLLARS. I'm not ashamed to say it. That is three more dollars than they had a minute ago. Again, if everyone gave even two dollars, they'd get ahead. I hope everyone with a healthy child will consider it. Two or three bucks won't break them.
    Best,
    Gloria
    P.S. You have to click through a few pages to find the "give online" page - and one also does NOT have to sign it/make up a sign it name, etc.

    ReplyDelete