Thursday, September 15, 2011

Disney Dumbo 70th Anniversary Due Out 9/20 REVIEW



For the first time ever, in celebration of this landmark film's 70th anniversary, experience the daring adventures of the world's only flying elephant with a dazzling all-new digital restoration and brilliant Disney Enhanced High Definition Theater Mix Sound. The inspirational tale of Dumbo, the courageous baby elephant who uses his sensational ears to soar to fame with the help of his clever best friend Timothy Q. Mouse, will thrill and delight audiences of all ages. And now, the award-winning music and empowering messages about friendship and belief in yourself reach new heights in this must-have Blu-ray™ high-definition presentation of Walt Disney's animated classic Dumbo!

Combo Pack includes Blu-ray and DVD A Great Value!


Blu-ray: Cine-Explore

Blu-ray: Disney View

Blu-ray: "What Do You See?" Game

Blu-ray: "What Do You Know?" Game

Blu-ray: "Celebrating Dumbo" Featurette

Blu-ray: Animated Short: "The Flying Mouse"

Blu-ray: Animated Short: "Elmer Elephant"

Blu-ray: Art Galleries

Blu-ray: Deleted Scene: The Mouse's Tale

Blu-ray: Deleted Song: "Are You A Man Or A Mouse?"

Blu-ray: Taking Flight: The Making Of Dumbo

Blu-ray: The Magic Of Dumbo: A Ride Of Passage

Blu-ray: Audio Commentary

Blu-ray: Sound Design Excerpt from "The Reluctant Dragon"

Blu-ray: Original Walt Disney Television Introduction






Classic Disney movies in general give me the warm fuzzies.

They bring back cherished childhood memories of spending afternoons over at my grandparent's house in my grandfather's study. My grandmother would make me a make shift bed out of quilts and pillows on the floor, and I would curl up, settle in, and watch the heck out of my grandparents nifty VHS complete with Disney Video Library tapes while my grandfather read a book in his recliner. Mid way through my viewing of whatever Disney movie I happen to be craving at the time my grandmother would bring me my own special mug filled with chocolate milkshake.....to say I was spoiled would be an understatement...

SO yes, even to this day I have a special spot for Disney Classics.

I was super excited to get the chance to review the 70th Anniversary Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack Edition of Dumbo! As I already stated....BIG Fan of Classic Disney, so it's not like they had to twist my arm to review.

...that and my poor original 1980's VHS copy has seen better days....


I settled in the other afternoon....

minus my chocolate milkshake -sigh-

....and enjoyed the new digitally mastered version of Dumbo.


  • The picture and sound quality is FANTASTIC, best I've ever seen it

  • The Pink elephants on parade bit still freaks me out a little

  • I still cry like a baby during the "Baby Mine" scene

  • And I'm a big ole nerd for enjoying the EXTRAS like the making of Dumbo, a neat little short on how they used to do sound effects on cartoons, and I especially enjoyed the deleted scene from Dumbo that explains why elephants are afraid of mice!



The story, music, and animation of Dumbo remain timeless and can be enjoyed by many generations and for many years to come! A great buy in my opinion!


You can pre-order the 2 Disc Dumbo combo pack currently at Amazon here for $24.99 

or

you can print out this $5 off coupon here!


Thanks to Disney for sending me an advanced review copy, other than the review copy I was not compensated in any way and my opinions are my own!





post signature




























0 comments:

Post a Comment