Monday, October 3, 2011

Disneynature: African Cats Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo In Stores 10/4 REVIEW




 
 
- Narrated by Samuel L. Jackson
 
From Disneynature, the studio that brought you Earth and Oceans, comes the epic journey African Cats. Set against one of the wildest places on Earth, you'll experience the extraordinary adventure of two families as they strive to make a home in an untamed land. Stunning high-definition images take your breath away as you come face-to-face with these majestic kings of the savanna and their true-life love, humor, and determination. Blending family bonds with the power and majesty of the wild, it's an exciting, awe-inspiring experience that will touch your heart.
 
Special Features
 
Filmmaker Annotations - Interactive Experience Takes You Behind The Scenes With The Filmmakers And Conservationists

"The World I Knew" by Jordin Sparks Music Video

• Plus All DVD bonus features - includes; Disney and Nature and Save the Savanna

I fully admit, I'm a cat person...maybe even a little of a crazy cat type person
And what are lions and cheetahs but just bigger versions of the lovable snuggable house cats?
Though I don't think I'd recommend trying to cuddle anything larger than a house cat...
So I was very excited to see this movie!

Beautifully shot film, filmed in the wilds of Kenya Africa capturing the grace and heartache of two families of African cats, a pride of Lions and a single mother Cheetah!

Being a documentary, I fully expected some gut wrenching, tear jerk moments....and though there were many sad moments, they were not as bad, nor as graphic as they could have been...which was good because I hate crying at movies, especially when it involves cute wittle kitty type animals

That being said, I don't remember seeing any blood or graphic violence (even during chow time) and I got the sense that the fighting/violence scenes were edited down quite a bit...which is a plus for younger views and or animals lovers...yes I know the real world is a harsh ugly place, and animals eat and kill other animals, but I'll keep my rose colored glasses on thankssomuch!

Very enjoyable, not too heart breaking, beautiful documentary!


You can pre-order African Cats from Amazon.com for $19.99 here!

 
 
I received a free copy of this movie to review, however it did not alter my view of the film in any way!

 
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment