Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Helen Mirren in Shakespeare's The Tempest on BLU-RAY out NOW! Review!




 
The Closing Night Venice Film Festival Movie! 
 
Helen Mirren (Best Actress, The Queen, 2006) leading a star-studded cast including Russell Brand (Get Him To The Greek) and Alfred Molina (The Sorcerer's Apprentice). Exiled to a magical island, the sorceress Prospera (Mirren) conjures up a storm that shipwrecks her enemies, and then unleashes her powers for revenge. Directed by the visionary Academy Award®-nominated Julie Taymor (Best Director, Frida, 2002) - and complete with exclusive bonus features - The Tempest, with its innovative twist, is a supernatural dramedy filled with Shakespearean villains, lovers and fools that will leave you spellbound.
 

  • Raising Tempest:  A look into acclaimed director Julie Taymor's radical re-imagination of Shakespeare's final masterpiece. This bonus will explore the stories behind the making of the film including: shooting where no film has ever shot before on Hawaii's remote island of Lanai; the revolutionary approach composer Elliot Goldenthal took with Shakespeare's most musical play; and the costume and design choices which have brought Shakespeare's LOST to life.

    • Audio Commentary with Director Julie Taymor

    • Annotated Shakespeare - An educational audio commentary with renowned Shakespeare experts Virginia Vaughan, Clark University English Professor and/or Jonathan Bate, University of Warwick Shakespeare & Renaissance Literature Professor.

  • Russell Brand Rehearsal Riff
  • "O Mistress Mine" Music Video
  • Los Angeles Rehearsal

I really enjoy Shakespeare but I've never read or seen The Tempest before, so as soon as I popped in the Blu-Ray I clicked on the making of documentary Raising Tempest to get a clue as to what I was about to experience and it made me even more excited to watch the movie.

This movie can be described in one word...Stunning!


The first thing that struck me was the amazing setting of the film...Lanai, an island in the Hawaiian chain! Simply Beautiful! Then the costumes!!! I would so grab up



You can purchase it now at Walmart.com for $24.96, and free shipping with site to store!








 
I was provided a free review copy of the movie, however it does not effect my judgement in any way ;)
 
 
 
post signature

Prospera's cloak!...And if I weren't married I'd so grab up Ben Whishaw who plays the spirit Ariel...so uber yum!...The special effects are magical and I just see myself re-watching this fantastic movie over and over again!!
 
HIGHLY recommend seeing this movie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment